Ross & McBride LLP is Hamilton’s largest law firm with a rich history of commitment to our clients and our community. We pride ourselves on offering a full-service menu of innovative and intelligent legal services to individuals, businesses, and institutions throughout our community and beyond.
VALUE & PROFILE:
The Human Rights Practice Group at Ross & McBride LLP is seeking a Legal Administrative Assistant to provide support on both employee and employer-side human rights and employment law matters. You will work closely with our group of leading practitioners to provide timely and accurate administrative support services and back-up legal support services to the practice group.
In this job you will be responsible for:
• Providing support with respect to the preparation, revising and finalizing of legal correspondence and documents
• Management of communications and correspondence received through all venues (phone, voicemail, e-mail and mail)
• Organizing and booking meetings
• Maintaining an efficient and organized file management system
• Following up and communicating with clients in a timely manner
• Assistance with Accounts Receivable when required
• Coordinate new Client and Matter openings
• Processing pre-bills and final billings on a monthly or on-request basis
• Providing consistent backup support to assistants who may be managing multiple tasks and/or difficult deadlines; and working proactively as a positive and productive member of the team
• Performing other administrative duties, as required.
Our ideal candidate will have an understanding of how to institute efficient work flows so that the professionals are freed from the day-to-day administrative and organizational details, and:
• Minimum 3 years of experience as an Administrative/Legal Assistant in human rights and/or employment litigation
• Strong attention to detail and superior word processing, spelling, proofreading and editing skills
• Capacity to perform duties with speed and accuracy
• Billing and accounts receivable experience
• Strong time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills and ability to work under pressure to meet important deadlines
• Ability to follow-up on files and delays with minimal supervision
• High level of discretion and confidentiality
• Flexibility to occasionally work overtime