Young Lawyer Mentors Available
Are you currently a law student or articling student? Members of The Hamilton Law Association's New Lawyers' Subcommittee are available to speak with you regarding articling and working in Hamilton.
For common questions about the program, please see our mandate and FAQ page.
New Lawyers' Subcommittee Mentoring Contact: Augustine Krawchenko, Krawchenko Law - email@example.com
Articling Recruitment Procedures for the 2022-2023 Term
Please visit the Law Society of Ontario's website for the full 2022-2023 Articling Recruitment Procedures.
Jobs for Students
In order to view job postings for students, please visit our Careers page. Any jobs we receive notice of will be posted on the Careers page.
List of Firms Hiring Students
The Hamilton Law Association maintains a list of local firms who regularly hire students, complete with contact information of Articling Principals and other important notes for students searching for work. Please click here to view the full list.
Posting on The HLA's Careers Page - For Employers and Applicants
Is your law firm hoping to post a job notice for a student position, or are you a student or other professional seeking a position in Hamilton? If so, please see below for the Hamilton Law Association's Job Posting Policy.
Policy for Posting a Job Notice
- The use of this service is limited to paid-up Regular members of The Hamilton Law Association;
- Available positions for lawyers, articling students, paralegals, legal support staff, legal volunteer opportunities, and available office space can be posted;
- Those seeking a position as a lawyer, articling student, paralegal, legal support staff, legal volunteer, or seeking available office space can be posted;
- Postings are limited to jobs where the location of the primary place of work is within the municipal boundaries of The City of Hamilton;
- Job notices will be posted for a period of 90 days from the date of submission;
- Prospective applicants and employers may renew their posting or resubmit a new job submission form after the 90 day period, upon request only;
- To post a job notice, a Job Notice Submission Form must be completed and submitted to the designated HLA staff member tasked with website administration. HLA staff will not draft job notices on behalf of prospective advertisers.
To post a job notice, please submit a completed Job Notice Submission Form (below) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: This service is being offered free of charge at the present time.