Looking for an opinion or guidance on a real estate matter? The following members of the HLA Real Estate Subcommittee are available by phone or email:
|Li Cheng, Li Cheng Professional Corporation
|Maria Durdan, SimpsonWigle Law LLP
|David A. Elliot, Agro Zaffiro LLP
|Mark R. Giavedoni (Chair), Gowling WLG
|Samantha Grilli, Harbour Legal
|Brian Hurren, Inch Hammond Professional Corporation
|Paul Lawson (Vice-Chair), City of Hamilton (Legal Services Division)
||905-546-2424 x 4715
|Thomas Lazier, Ross & McBride LLP
|W Patric Mackesy, Mackesy Smye LLP
|Gregory Mallia, Regency Law Group
|John P. Millar, Millar, Alexander
|Bilal Mirza, SimpsonWigle LAW LLP
|Catherine Roberts, Roberts Law
|Bruno Uggenti, Campbell Mihailovich Uggenti LLP
To speak to an HLA staff person regarding the Real Estate Subcommittee, please contact:
, Manager of Finance
tel: 905-522-1563, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
HLA Real Estate Events
The Real Estate Subcommittee welcomes suggestions and ideas for future seminar topics. Please contact the Subcommittee Chair as noted above.
UPCOMING EVENTS & SEMINARS
ONTARIO REGULATION 431/20
ADMINISTERING OATH OR DECLARATION REMOTELY
Consolidation Period: From August 1, 2020 to the e-Laws currency date.
This is the English version of a bilingual regulation.
Remote administering of oath, declaration permitted
1. An oath or declaration may be taken by a deponent or declarant without being in the physical presence of the person administering the oath or declaration, if the following conditions are met:
1. The oath or declaration is being administered by an electronic method of communication in which the person administering the oath or declaration and the deponent or declarant are able to see, hear and communicate with each other in real time throughout the entire transaction.
2. The person administering the oath or declaration confirms the identity of the deponent or declarant.
3. A modified version of the jurat or declaration is used that indicates,
i. that the oath or declaration was administered in accordance with this Regulation, and
ii. the location of the person administering the oath or declaration and of the deponent or declarant at the time of the administering.
4. In the case of a commissioner to whom section 5 of the Act applies, the information on the stamp required to be used under that section appears on or in the document being signed.
5. The person administering the oath or declaration takes reasonable precautions in the execution of the person’s duties, including ensuring that the deponent or declarant understands what is being signed.
2. Every person who administers an oath or declaration in accordance with section 1 shall keep a record of the transaction.
3. Omitted (provides for coming into force of provisions of this Regulation).