The Hamilton Law Association is continuing to implement the social distancing measures currently being required to slow the spread of COVID-19.We have been monitoring COVID-19 across the country and considering the advice of public health experts. We believe such temporary measures will protect the health and safety of the community, including our members, volunteers, program attendees and staff.
At this time, we wish to advise you of the following amendments to our program calendar:
- All social events scheduled to take place in March, April, May and June (before July 1st) will be postponed or cancelled. This includes the following events:
- Annual Dinner | Thursday, April 16th, 2020 - POSTPONED
- Annual General Meeting | Wednesday, May 6th, 2020 - TO BE HELD ELECTRONICALLY
- Articling Reception | Wednesday, May 13th, 2020 - CANCELLED UNTIL 2021
- Family Law Spring Social | Thursday, May 21st, 2020 - POSTPONED
- All Executive Committee, Board of Trustees, and Subcommittee meetings scheduled to take place in March, April, May, and June (before July 1st) will be either cancelled or carried out remotely, at the discretion of committee chairs. Information will be provided to attendees directly.
- With respect to CPD education programs, scheduled to take place in March, April, May and June (before July 1st) will be postponed or cancelled.This includes the the 34th Annual Joint Insurance Seminar scheduled for Tuesday, April 28th, 2020.We will be in touch with planning chairs, registrants, and sponsors of all CPD education programs regarding arrangements for their programs.If you have already registered and submitted payment for a CPD program, your registration will be honoured at a later date.
For more information and updates on the impact of COVID-19 on HLA programs and for a list of all postponed or cancelled events and programs, click here.
Please refer to your local public health authority or the following links for details on the current Health Canada guidelines or the CDC guidelines.