The civil claims online filing service (Ontario.ca/civilclaims) has been enhanced in response to feedback from legal associations and users.
This enhancement follows the spring 2018 expansion of the service, which enabled some defence documents and proof of service for documents to be filed online. For a current list of documents that can be filed online, please visit Ontario.ca/civilclaims.
Improving the user experience
As of November 26, 2018, users are able to:
- preview uploaded documents prior to submission;
- search online transactions by the case name;
- save the confirmation screen page;
- record parties’ contact information more quickly by reducing the data entry required; and
- input six-digit phone extensions.
Additional enhancements include:
- the relocation of the Save plaintiff/defendant buttons to facilitate navigation; and
- the automatic addition of plaintiff and defendant email addresses from the initial online submission into the court’s case management system.
Share your feedback
The ministry will continue to enhance the service based on user feedback. I invite you to share this update and encourage your members to provide their feedback by completing the Rate Our Service survey on the portal or emailing email@example.com.
Director, Operational Support Branch
Court Services Division